10.24.2021

I did an angled pic, but why do we do these??


I don't quite understand the hype about making angled or sideways pics.  They say (you know the collective they-say-people) that it's better to show off more items closer.  Well I apparently suck at doing them, for one thing.  I use Photoshop Elements - had to move farther away from the shot to have enough pic to rotate.  Farther way doesn't necessarily equal crisp and sharp?  I can clearly see in this example crispness is compromised.  I also have no idea where to place my avatar in the larger shot for a nicely captured pic after rotating.  Is there some app that places a frame where appropriate for me that says "here, idiot, right here."  

We're doing this for Flickr, aren't we.

There is scientific evidence that eye to brain processing of an angled pic must be "reinterpreted" or "corrected" in lieu of tilting our heads at the same angle.  "Right Side Up," Scientific American here.  We're making our viewers tilt their heads and/or get a headache?  Aww, that's not very nice!  

My own slants are few and far between.  Personally, I can tolerate viewing a 45 degree angle like this, preferably to the right for some reason.  However, I'm still not sure it's the best approach.  A 90 degree sideways pic of an avatar in repose is fine, but one obviously not laying down to me is ridiculous.  It's got to be self-serving for a Flickr group cover.  I'm not going to reinterpret it or tilt my head.

I want to know your thoughts.

CREDITS:

Rovan Store - NINI Jumpsuit
Includes BOM Tattoo
Maitreya, Legacy, Hourglass, Freya, Isis w/Color Options
Sense Event until November 8th
♥ ♥ ♥
More Store Info:
InWorld Marketplace Facebook Flickr Flickr Group
___________________________

Secret Poses Katherine, Pose 5
The Liaison Collaborative until November 10th
♥ ♥ ♥
More Store Info:
InWorld Marketplace Facebook Flickr
___________________________

KOSMETIK: - Nail Applier // Twenty-One Mineral
Maitreya, Omega
Group Gift
N.Kolour+KOSMETIK: Omega Coffin Nails Medium
♥ ♥ ♥
_____________________________ 

 Nuve Crystal Skin - BOM - Wearing Evo X - Sunkissed
LelutkaEvo/EvoX/Catwa HDPro
Tintable Brows, Lipstick (Wearing Selection from Pack 2)
Nuve - Dimples 70% Fair
Nuve - Body V4
♥ ♥ ♥
_____________________________

Wings - TO1012-HAIR
.LeLutka. - Lilly 3.1 Bento Head (EvoX)
Avi-Glam - Stargazer Eyes
Colivati - Essential Eyeliner (Lelutka HD)
Lazuri - Sabrina Collection
Maitreya - Lara Bento Body
_____________________________

Paleto - Backdrop - Last Floor




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. :)