4.25.2018

Ode To Jimmy Newman


When I put on this majorly cool outfit by Masoom, I was reminded in a semi-randomly related way to a song introduced to my brother and me when we were very young. "Wake Up Jimmy Newman" was written and first released by Tom Paxton in 1970. It is a powerful tribute to soldiers. John Denver also did a cover, but I prefer listening to Tom sing it. Awareness of the tragedy of war dawned in my child brain and I would cry every single time I heard it. I tear up revisiting it now. Not to make you cry, just sharing a little "me" history...and without further ado, you can listen to song HERE. By the way, occasionally I refer to different pieces of work by Tom Paxton; his songs made a lasting impression on me.

Get up Jimmy Newman the morning is come
The engine's are rumbling the coffee's all brewed
Get up Jimmy Newman there's work to be done
And why do you lie there still sleeping

There's a waiting line forming to use the latrine
And the sun is just opening the sky
The breakfast they're serving just has to be seen
And you've only to open your eyes

Get up Jimmy Newman my radio's on
The news is all bad but it's good for a laugh
The tent flap is loose and the peg must be gone
Why do you lie there still sleeping

The night nurse is gone and the sexy one's here
And she tells us such beautiful lies
Her uniform's tight on her marvelous rear
And you've only to open your eyes

Get up Jimmy Newman you're missing the fun
We're loading the plane Jim it's time to go home
It's over for us there's no more to be done
And why do you lie there still sleeping

It's stateside for us Jim the folks may not know
We'll let it be such a surprise
They're loading us next Jim we're ready to go 
And you've only to open your eyes

Get up Jimmy Newman they won't take my word
I said you sleep hard but they're shaking their heads
Get up Jimmy Newman and show them you heard
Jimmy just show them you're sleeping

A joke is a joke but there's nothing to gain
Jim I'd slap you but I'm too weak to rise
Get up damn it Jimmy you're missing the plane
And you've only to open your eyes.

                 ~~ Wake Up Jimmy Newman, Tom Paxton


CREDITS:

Gacha Outfit - [[ Masoom ]]
Nikita
The Epiphany until May 12th
♥ ♥ ♥
More Store Info:
100% Original Mesh & Textures
___________________________

Bento Rings - *elise*
Brenda
Maitreya, Vista w/Texture Hud
*Note-Not a closeup in the pic,
but worn and visible so I'm gonna credit!
♥ ♥ ♥
___________________________

Hair - -FABIA- Kate w/Hat

Head Applier/Skin - Glam Affair
Electra (Lelutka)
@ Uber until May 23rd

.LeLutka. Chloe Bento Head & Rigged Eyes
Maitreya Lara body/Bento hands/feet

Location - Devin 2
Used a seat animation there


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. :)